PROVIDE CONTINUED INPUT FOR WILDERNESS RESEARCH NEEDS PLANNING
Welcome! As a next step in our effort to define the next decade of wilderness research at the Aldo Leopold Wilderness Research Institute, here, we invite you to prioritize research needs. We are excited for you to help chart the path forward.
Specifically, we provide an opportunity for you to:
1) Prioritize integrated research topics – for example, rank how important research on ecological interventions (i.e. trammeling) in wilderness (e.g. prescribed fire; removal of invasive species) is to you.
2) Provide a few demographic characteristics to help us understand if we are hearing from a diverse range of partners.
3) Let us know if we missed a priority research topic that’s important to you.
4) Provide some details, or context, about your prioritization choices.
5) Indicate interest in a virtual workshop (in late July/early August of 2021) to learn about the results of this step and add nuance to our understanding of your research priorities.
All input provided by you and other partners will be analyzed, and collectively, reported back in workshops and future publications. To get started, click the button below.
Below are a list of different management actions or approaches being considered for the Morgan-Nesbit Resiliency Project. Please choose the three that you feel could have the most influence (positively or negatively) on your prioritization of ecosystem services.